Landicity®-Maine, LLC works with the world’s best green home builders and green highly-engineered, high performance designed homes to maximize healthy living space while minimizing footprint and environmental impact.
The model homes below are UNITY Homes, built in New England. They represent the highest standards in green, healthy home building today, and Landicity is a builder of UNITY HOMES in the Maine Mid-Coast area.
Am I Green!? We call it – Common Sense - “Yankee Green”
Our definition is:
It’s an affordable house. Compared to a conventional stick-built new home, IRC 2015 standards, a "Yankee Green High Performance Home" is now trending at 2%-5% more but with monthly dollar savings. Overall it is less expensive.
- "Yankee Green High Performance" maximizes the land, siting, resources and money to create a sustainable home environment which is healthy, comfortable, air tight and durable and energy efficient. It is simply common sense, net energy or not, solar or not!
- Whole system approach – All variables – house, energy, perma-culture, neighborhood, terrain, sun
- Envelope – framing, water flow, air flow, penetrations, wall/roof system, energy tested
- Ultra efficient – comparative to old school thinking; water vapor barrier, highly tight and insulated; blower tested
- Manufactured – highly engineered – walls, complete panels, and modular. These words are not your father’s Buick. Highly advanced and no longer mean a double wide
Most builders in the Mid-Coast area may tell you they build to the latest, most current building codes. They do because Maine only requires the older IRC 2009 as current. Many builders are likely using 6-9 year old standards and are behind the technology. Much has changed since 2009. Maine is just now transition to 2015 IRC this year (2018).
At Landicity, we build to the most current IRC 2015 standards with continual upgrades and improvements. We blower test with outstanding results, many other builders do not blower test. New 2018 IRC standards are being adopted by many states.
For more information
Call Bob Muller
Ph. 207-956-0699 or email email@example.com
House Being Built Now on ~2.1 acre, Brunswick, Maine
~2,064 SF, 2 car garage, covered timber-frame porch, large deck, full walkout basement, 3 baths, 1st floor master bedroom
BRUNSWICK, MAINE LOTS
Landicity®-Maine, LLC currently has lots available in the new Douglas Ridge Estates development. We will build your green, ultra-efficient, healthy home on a beautiful lot. Visit the Real Estate page for more details. Be in your home by Summer 2018!
We are proud to work with the world's best green home builders and manufacturers, UNITY Homes. Utilizing building practices from across the world, Unity homes are built to last for hundreds of years with the highest green standards.
Landicity® builds high performance, highly engineered Unity Homes in Mid-Coast Maine and the surrounding locations.. Our team includes experienced builders and engineers, all committed to healthy, green homes; ready to help you build the ultra-efficient home of your dreams.